Specific License?

Do you need a specific driver’s license to drive an RV in California? 

This question is extremely common. The answer is simple. No. Unless, you are driving it commercially or if the coach is over 40 feet long. With this being said, there are many options out there for you to try! 

Even Though, the RV’s are labeled: Class A, Class B, Class C — this does not correspond with a driver’s license type. Your regular Class C driver’s license will work, even when renting an RV.

Travel Trailers work the same way. You do not need to have a special license to tow either. Despite that, always remember to have insurance whether you are towing or driving an RV. 

Now that you know your regular driver’s license will work, learn about the different Classes of RV’s here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *